The lovely Nyxie’s Nook posted this on her blog and I enjoyed it as a way to get to know her better, so I thought I’d share my own here!
1. Do you have any nicknames?
Cara Cat Friend by one group of friends and Cars by another. The first one because cats, and the second because my name autocorrects to Cars a lot and it just stuck. Even my two year old niece calls me Cars.
2. Have you ever cried from watching a TV show or a movie?
All the time. It’s borderline embarrassing.
3. What would you do with one hundred million pounds?
Buy a new house, buy two horses, give some to family and friends, give some to charity and TRAVEL.
4. If you could have someone else’s life for one day, who would it be and why?
Honestly I’d love to just live in the brain of someone with no mental health problems for a day just to see what it feels like! Either that or I’d love to swap with my cat – he has a great life.
5. How many romantic partners do you think you will end up having between now and the end of your life?
Just the one I hope! We are 8 years in and still very happy.
6. What kind of parent are you, or think you will be?
I don’t have children and I don’t think I want them either. I’m not saying never and I could always change my mind, but I have zero maternal instincts at this point in my life.
7. What is something you’ve never told anyone?
Honestly I have no idea, I’m a pretty open book!
8. What do you do when you are alone, and no one is watching you?
I talk to myself a lot and sing
9. Are you living a meaningful life?
Sometimes I think I am and other times I think it’s completely pointless. It depends how things are going really and how I feel.
10. What are three things you can’t live without?
My boyfriend, my friends and my pets.
11. What or who inspires you the most?
I am inspired by my nursing colleagues, the people I volunteer with and everyone who shares their experiences of mental illness and recovery.
12. What makes you feel most empowered?
Owning and sharing my mental health story on my own terms, and my badass female friends.
13. Do you live to work or work to live?
I think a mixture. I used to work 60-70 hours a week and save all my extra money for travel and tattoos. Although I still love those things, as I’ve got older I’ve also started to realise the value of time. For this reason I don’t really do over time anymore. Sometimes time is worth more than money.
14. Do you trust anyone with your life?
My boyfriend hands down.
15. Would you consider yourself an introvert or an extrovert?
16. How would your perfect partner treat you?
Exactly as my boyfriend does. Unconditionally supportive, generous, thoughtful and loving.
17. How do you relax and recharge?
Baths, creating things, watching my favourite TV shows and talking to friends.
18. What is something you’d like to do or achieve before you die?
I want to achieve full recovery from anorexia and see more of the world.
19. What offends you?
Stigma, sexism and Tories.
20. Have you ever been a smoker?
I was actually a really heavy smoker (around 40 a day) for years. I gave up partially in 2011 (social smoking only) and quit completely in 2014.
21. What kind of drunk are you?
It depends how drunk! Loud, chatty and overly friendly for the most part. Too much and I’ll end up crying at some point.
22. What are your biggest pet peeves?
My ultimate number one pet peeve is people saying they have the flu when they have a cold. I have had regular flu once and I was also one of the unlucky ones who has swine flu. If you have the flu, you will know it. You can barely move. If you’d have put a cheque for a million pounds at the end of my bed when I had swine flu I still wouldn’t have been able to get up. Don’t come waltzing into the office saying you think you have the flu. If you’re upright, you don’t have it. I also hate when people ask Facebook a question instead of googling it and people who recline their plane seats on long haul flights. Also, when people say ‘pacifically’ when they mean ‘specifically’, and when people say ‘I could care less’ instead of ‘I couldn’t care less’. Infuriating.
23. What is something you hate about yourself?
My brain. I was going to say my body but it’s more about how my brain interprets my body that is the problem, rather than my body itself.
24. What do you love about yourself?
I like my determination and my creativity.
25. What are your biggest insecurities?
I am very bad at comparing myself to others so my insecurities are fluid – I am just generally insecure that I am not good enough.
26. In another life, what would you want to be?
Mentally stable, happy and rich.
27. Could you live without the internet?
No, definitely not.
28. Do you have any tattoo’s or piercings? What do you have?
I have 32 tattoos (I think!) so I won’t bore you with them all! Some of them mean something and some are just cute. I also have my ears, nose, belly, tongue and septum pierced. I’ve previously had several cartilage piercings, the bridge of my nose, 3 belly piercings, snake bites and my labret.
29. Do you wish you could change your past?
Some parts of it definitely.
30. What is your guilty pleasure?
Watching RuPaul’s Drag Race over and over and over and over again.
31. What are you afraid of?
Failure, pregnancy and death.
32. If you could change anything about your life, what would it be?
I would have better self esteem, be able to work less hours and have more money.
33. Would you consider yourself happy?
I think I am naturally a glass half full, optimistic person. There are some things I’m not happy with, but I would say overall I am more happy than sad.
34. Tell us about your first kiss.
I was on holiday in Egypt and fell head over heels with a boy that worked at the hotel called Emad. My mum let him take me on a date into the nearby town and he kissed me on the beach walking back home. I never thought much of it once I got back home and settled into real life, but he wrote to me for a good three years afterwards talking about when we would get married.
35. Tell us about your first crush.
A boy called Sam in primary school. He was very tall. I don’t remember much more than that.
36. Tell us about your first date.
I’ve never really been on a date. All of my relationships have been fairly long and they’ve always been with people I have been friendly with first.
37. Tell us about your first relationship.
Honestly, he was a wanker. He was in the year above me at school and I used to think he was so cool. We used to skip school a lot together to go and smoke with some older kids. Turned out he mostly just cheated on me a lot and was really manipulative.
38. Your last relationship: good or bad?
Good to start with, then bad. There were lots of things that made us incompatible which because very apparent after we moved in together – he was a lot older than me and our personalities were quite different, but not in a way that complimented each other like me and my boyfriend. I ended it two months later.
39. Your last email?
A scam email pretending to be from PayPal.
40. The last song you listened to?
Paramore – Crazy Girls
41. The last thing you watched on Netflix?
RuPauls Drag Race.
42. The last time you cried?
Bloody hell I don’t know. I honestly cry all the time so I can’t remember exactly when! I basically cried every day for a week when day patient closed.
43. The last blog you read?
My friend Hayley’s.
44. Have you ever gotten back with an ex?
Yes several times and every time in was a mistake! But I was young and learnt my lesson.
45. Have you ever been cheated on?
46. Have you ever cheated on someone?
47. Have you ever met someone who changed you?
I would say everyone I have met has changed me in some way or another. There have been people I have come across who have changed me in a negative way but most people I have in my life have changed me by allowing me to feel confident in being myself.
48. Have you ever kissed someone you wish you hadn’t?
Oh hasn’t everyone?
49. Have you ever had your heart broken?
Definitely. I had a couple of really shitty relationships when I was younger that I thought I would never recover from, but the heart and mind are incredibly resilient and they bounce back.
50. Have you ever broken someone’s heart?
Yes, when I ended my last relationship. It was horrible.
51. Have you ever kissed someone on the first date?
I’ve never really been on a date so I’d have to say no I guess!
52. Do you believe in God?
Not at all.
53. Do you believe in yourself?
In some ways yes and in other ways no. I definitely don’t believe in myself more than I do. Luckily I have lots of people around me who do believe in me.
54. Do you believe in ghosts?
I’m honestly not sure. I tend to think I don’t until I hear a noise in the dark when I’m on my own at which point I am 100% convinced of them.
55. Do you believe in aliens?
Definitely. Have you seen the size of the universe?! We are a tiny speck. How arrogant do you have to be to assume that we are the only form of life in that endless space.
56. Do you believe in fate?
57. Do you believe in love at first sight?
No. I don’t think you can love someone until you know them.
58. Do you believe in true love?
Definitely, although I think it is rare.
59. Do you believe in gender equality?
The fact this even needs to be asked baffles me – how could anyone say no?! I am a loud and proud feminist.
60. Are you pro-life or pro-choice?
I am 100% pro-choice. Not my body, not my business.
61. Do you believe in heaven/that there is peace afterlife?
I wish I did but I don’t.
62. What makes you angry about your country?
Gosh a lot of things right now. I would have said Brexit and all the racism that has escalated since that time, and the fact we voted Tories in again. Now, although those things make me angry still, I’d have to say our handling of the coronavirus has been absolutely disgraceful.
63. What is your opinion on ‘Love is Love’?
Completely agree. I hate the idea that people still aren’t safe to love who they love.
64. What is your opinion on haters/trolls?
They have too much time on their hands.
65. What are some challenges you think the next generation will have to face?
I think this virus is going to have a significant impact on the economy which the next generation will feel the effects of. That and climate change.
66. What type of blogger are you in 3 words?
Honest, haphazard, passionate.
67. What do you love about the blogging world/community?
How supportive everyone is! I’ve made so many amazing friends through my blog. I also love that everyone in the mental health sphere is so passionate about this topic.
68. What challenges and negativity do bloggers face?
It can be hard getting your voice heard in amongst so many different blogs, and I think there is a perception that we don’t really do anything when actually A LOT of work goes on behind the scenes to keep a blog running.
Please feel free to share your own version of this, I love getting to know you all better!4